Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Feedback to P-Noy's SONA

"A resilient and dynamic economy resting on the foundations of good governance is the best defense against global uncertainty." - President Benigno Simeon Cojuangco Aquino III.

A number of days had passed since our very own President Benigno Aquino delivered his State of the Nation's Address (SONA) during the joint session of the 15th Congress last July 23, 2012 at the House of Representatives in Quezon City.


Honestly speaking, I never heard any of President  Aquino's SONA directly from any media resources. Whenever our teachers require us to submit reactions regarding his speech, I simply rely on Google. It's not the reaction itself I'm going to copy-paste (I'm not fond of copy-paste reactions). I'm only interested with the composition of the SONA. It's because I do better understand if I read it rather than hearing it for a long span of time.


It's not anymore new to our ears if Mr. President would consume too many hours on his talk. Of course there's always a part wherein he'll elaborate all his accomplishments, his programs to be continued, the rise and fall of our economy and most importantly, the anomalies of the past administration. But what keeps on hunting my mind is that, if he was able to broadcast all those things, why can't I feel the CHANGE he used to promised on the very first part of the election? I mean, yes he may have done the work or some of his programs but, where were the locations of his programs? Were they intended for Manila residents only? I have not yet seen or heard in the news he had projects on provinces like Ilocos. He keeps on chanting, "KUNG WALANG CORRUPT, WALANG MAHIRAP" but until now. . . poverty still dominates the Filipino people. We still have so many debts from other countries. Do we attain progress with this? If not now, when will we feel the Change he wants to spare with us? Until when we'll suffer this kind of country?


I thought he listened to our cries. But I can sense I was wrong. Not all of the Filipino people were benefited.

No comments:

Post a Comment